An off-road addict’s street-legal Honda curb-jumper…
Jean Michel Lopez spends his weekends riding off-road in various disciplines: motocross, enduro, etc. Like many before him, he dreamed of putting his knobby-tired passion to the pavement:
“I ride motocross on the weekend and I wanted a motocross to go on the road.”
To realize that dream, he sought out “Bobber Fucker Motorcycles” of Lyon, France — aka BF Motorcycles — whose mission is as direct as their name:
“Ride different. Bobber, Scrambler, Café racer, Chopper builds from all bases.”
Jean Michel, a self-proclaimed KTM addict, decided on a Honda NX650 Dominator as the base for the build — a proven road-legal platform for any street/trail build. The result is a dead reliable, street-legal scrambler that takes every curb, ditch, staircase, and hooligan-heavy merriment that Jean Michel throws at it.
Honda NX650 Dominator Scrambler: Builder Interview
• Please tell us a bit about yourself, your history with motorcycles, and your workshop.
I’m a French man 46 years old, I’m not a professional just a biker for pleasure.
• What’s the make, model, and year of the bike?
It’s a Honda Dominator 650cm3 de 1991
• Why was this bike built?
Personal project realized by a pro.
• What was the design concept and what influenced the build?
I ride motocross the weekend and I wanted a motocross to go on the road.
• What custom work was done to the bike?
A lot of things have been changed like the frame, the tank (360 cb Honda 1975), the saddle, the wheels (Akron supermotard 17″), the electric beam.
• How would you classify this bike?
• Was there anything done during this build that you are particularly proud of?
The home made headlight plate with original yellow car fog light.