Brick House Builds 1980 Yamaha XS850 café “Triple Trouble”
This beauty you see here is official build number 6 from Brick House Builds in Missouri. This bike has been built around a vision of a very clean, understated, yet aggressive machine with no detail being overlooked. Down to each nut and bolt there is not a single component that hasn’t been painted, powdercoated, or polished so I am serious when I say this is one of the finest examples of an XS850 on the planet. The bike has been well thought out, well-engineered, well put together, and sorted for a great running and riding custom machine you can enjoy on the road and at the show! Below are just some of the features.
- Frame has been de-tabbed, hooped, and powdercoated in the gray you see
- Fuel tank sourced and retrofitted to this frame. It sports its original paint after being polished
- Fuel tank has been stripped and lined using KBS so it is new inside
- One-off handmade seat with custom upholstery to match the color of the bike
- Later-model Yamaha FZR600 fork/brake/triple combo swapped up front with stock XS850 wheel
- One-off headlight fairing made from a helmet before being professionally painted
- Suzuki Hyabusa rearsets retrofitted for good ergos and factory functionality
- Engine has been thoroughly cleaned, painted, polished, and re-gasketed
- Type 2 Mikuni 750 carbs replace the garbage Hitachis. They have been tuned per the bike
- Handmade 3 into 1 header funnels into a single stainless Cone Engineering muffler
- Wiring had been remade to give only the bare essentials (no turn signals, kick only)
- LED taillight tucked into the rear of the bike to keep it clean
- Stainless front brake lines with sintered pads in the rebuilt FZR calipers
- New wheel bearings front and rear. New tapered steering bearings
- Notorious 2nd gear slip addressed with new gear as well as shift fork
- Tarozzi clip-on bars
- Frame, triple clamps, swingarm, fork legs, wheels, and kickstand have all been powdercoated
- Stainless and/or polished hardware used throughout
- New non-vacuum petcocks
- New pod filters
- Ricks Motorsport stator and regulator/rectifier combo
- Anti-gravity battery tucked under the bike
- Ect, ect, ect. There is no detail I have left untouched on this bike.
Overall this bike is such a beautiful example of a modernized vintage bike that performs as well as it looks. You honestly will not see a cleaner version which I am confident to say. This bike took a long time to build for myself and I am my biggest critic so everything had to be perfect. You will not be disappointed in it.
NOTE: the bike has a black header now as in the last photo.
Feel free to contact me with any questions. Check me out on Facebook, Instagram, or on my website. Located north of St. Louis in Missouri. Can’t help organize shipping or deliver myself depending on location.