Tuscaloosa resident looking to insure a bike or decrease your premiums? We make it easy to save money on motorcycle insurance, no matter whether you are already covered by insurance or not. Enter your zip code, and we identify the top motorcycle insurance providers in Tuscaloosa, and allows you to speak with an insurance agent or request quotes to compare. This system is fast, straightforward, and completely free of cost.
Types of Coverage
On the subject of Tuscaloosa motorcycle insurance, you will find a number of differing types of insurance that insurance specialists highly recommend.
- Liability Coverage: This is required under Alabama law. It covers damages or injuries to another individual or property as a result of an accident you cause. Even though it does not cover you or your motorcycle, it may protect a spouse or friend riding behind you. Make sure you ask your agent.
Collision Coverage: This covers damage to your bike in case of an accident with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This helps cover damage to your motorcycle caused by anything aside from collision. This can be from:
- Storm, Wind, and Weather
Basically, comprehensive covers most forms of damage not sustained in an accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This helps pay for damages occurring in an accident that was caused by a motorist who either doesn’t have an auto insurance policy or has a policy that’s insufficient to cover the costs connected with a covered loss. Given the doctor bills that could come from even a minor collision, compounded by how many Alabama drivers don’t have insurance, this is crucial coverage to think about.
Don’t forget that if your motorcycle is financed, you might be expected to have a comprehensive insurance policy. Talk with your loan company or dealership for more details.
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Guidelines
Liability insurance covers you money wise when you are judged to be at fault for personal injuries or damages in an accident. Despite the fact that you may not think a motorcycle or scooter can cause significant harm, you would be amazed.
- Bodily Injury Liability Limit for One Person: $25,000
- Bodily Injury Liability Limit for All Persons: $50,000
- Property Damage Liability Limit: $25,000
Bear in mind that motorcycle liability insurance coverage does not protect you, the bike, or any passengers – just your legal vulnerability for injuries to 3rd parties.
Motorcycle Insurance Quotes in Tuscaloosa
Wondering how much insuring your bike will run you? That will be determined by several key variables.
By and large, bikers just consider the make and model of thei bike and their driving history, but factors such as zip code, coverage options and limits, additional protections, and discounts are all important.
Thankfully, we can help you review policies and rates from a wide array of insurers.
All you have to do is type in your zip code to begin.
Then, you can pick the insurance carriers from whom you’d like to receive quotes and information.
Custom Parts and Accessories Coverage
Perhaps you’ve personalized your bike with lots of aftermarket parts? If so, you have to carry supplemental coverage to protect your custom accessories and parts.
Custom parts and equipment coverage (CPE) covers both performance parts like custom exhausts and suspension, as well as cosmetic upgrades such as custom fairings, seats, flyscreens, and paint schemes.
You ought to consider this coverage if you spend money upgrading your bike.