“Il Padrino” — the Godfather of Ducati Monsters…
Pepo Rosell, aka the “master constructor,” is the man behind Spain’s XTR Pepo, building some of the hottest, most trick motorcycle specials on the planet. In his younger days, Pepo was actually a biologist whose scientific research focused on fish farming. However, bikes were his passion. He went to work for a couple of Spanish Ducati importers and started building his first customs in the 1990s.
In 2001, he founded the workshop Radical Ducati, where he made his name building an incredible succession of Ducati customs. After more than a decade of frenetic building, he closed the doors on that shop and took a sabbatical. Then, in 2015, he came back stronger than ever with Extreme Pepo (XTR Pepo), with a focus on “less business and more fun.”
The build you see here is based on a 2018 Ducati Monster 1200 R, the most aggressive of the Ducati mostri — 152 hp, 92 lb-ft, and a dry weight of just 397 lbs. This Monster is certainly lighter than that now, clad in custom XTR carbon parts. We especially love the custom aluminum hand guards and Wolfman 2-into-1 exhaust.
Says Pepo of the name, “Il Padrino”:
“The name was chosen by the owner. He is a fan of the Il Padrino films (The Godfather saga). You remember Marlon Brando as Don Vito Corleone ; ) “
We certainly do, Pepo, and we couldn’t think of a better name for a bike built by one of the true godfathers of the customs world!
Build Sheet: Il Padrino by XTR (2018)
Donor bike: Ducati Monster 1200 R (2018)
- XTR subframe.
- XTR licence plate support.
- XTR LED rear light.
- XTR LED blinkers.
- Carbon fiber front mudguard.
- Ohlins fork.
- Ohlins steering damper.
- Ducati Desert Sled handlebar.
- XTR aluminium hand guards.
- XTR foldable and adjustable levers.
- Ducati Scrambler front light.
- XTR light grid.
- XTR gas tank.
- XTR dirt track seat.
- XTR upholstery.
- Ducabike aluminium CNC machined footrest and footrest support.
- Ducabike clutch cover kit.
- RC Racing water radiator.
- Wolfman 2 in 1 exhaust system.
- Spark Silencers.
- Ducabike alluminium wáter pump cover.
- Ducabike rear sprocket carrier.
- Regina gold chain.
- XTR carbón fiber swingarm cover.
- XTR carbón fiber chain cover.
- XTR alumium sprocket cover.
- XTR number plate.
- PINTUMOTO painting.
Photography by Cesar Godoy.
Custom Ducati Monster 1200: Detail Shots
Follow the Builder