Pepo Rosell was the man behind one of the biggest names in the custom bike scene, Radical Ducati. Nearly two years ago, Pepo closed down Radical Ducati and took a 12-month sabbatical. When the master “bike constructor” returned, it was with a desire to broaden his horizons from a single exotic marque and use everyday, modest bikes as a platform for extreme builds.
In this way, his new company, Extreme Pepo of Madrid–or XTR Pepo–was born. He summed up his new outlook here:
“Enjoy life, less business and more fun!”
The bikes he’s turned out under the XTR Pepo brand are nothing short of spectacular. Many follow a vintage endurance racer theme, including a Ducati Pantah 600 and Suzuki Bandit 600, which we have linked to at the bottom of the feature. For this build, however, Pepo decided to take his design cues from the world of flat track. Nicknamed “Speedy,” the bike is a 1985 Yamaha SR250 with a modified frame and suspension, fiberglass tail, high exhaust, and lots of parts fabricated in-house.
“Speedy” SR250 by XTR Pepo: Build Sheet
- Donor bike : Yamaha SR 250 Special ( 1985).
- Modified oem frame with conversion to cantiléver suspensión system.
- OEM swingarm modified for Cantilever suspension system.
- YSS rear schock.
- Modified OSSA fuel tank with Monza gas cap.
- XTR Tracker solo seat.
- XTR upholstery.
- Rizoma handlebar.
- Suzuki GSXR 750 front brake pump.
- NG front brake rotor.
- 18 inches front rim.
- OEM modified front mudguard.
- Frentubo front brake line.
- Highsider front light.
- XTR front light , blinker and speedo bracket.
- XTR led Blinkers.
- XTR led rear light.
- XTR licence plate holder.
- XTR Speedo.
- Gonelli grips.
- Gonelli number plate.
- Tsubaki gold chain.
- Puig footrest.
- Engine blueprinted and retouched intake and exhaust headports.
- XTR air filter.
- DNA oil breather filter.
- RR oil temperature gauge.
- Drilled rear drum brake .
- SuperMario exhaust system.
- BMW S1000R silencer.
- ARTENRUTA painting.
- Pictures : Jose Cepas.
XTR Pepo Custom Builds
- Ducati Pantah 600 TL (Silodrome)
- Ducati 750SS (Silodrome)
- Ducati 48 TS (Silodrome)
- (Asphalt and Rubber)
- Suzuki Bandit 600 (The Bike Shed)
- Triumph Speed Triple (GearHeads.org)
Additionally, Bike EXIF has a beautiful retrospective on the bikes of Radical Ducati.
Follow the Builder