“Lilith” — a Royal Enfield GT 650 from XTR Pepo…
Pepo Rosell of Spain’s XTR Pepo remains one of the most well-respected builders in the business, a man who’s developed a signature style of street-legal endurance racers quite unlike anything else we see in the customs world. He’s a man with a deep knowledge and enthusiasm for racing history, which finds its way into each one of his creations.
The bike you see here is a 2019 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 owned by a mate of his, who had a crash on the original machine:
“He asked me to reconstruct it, so I could take advantage and made a racer bike with an endurance soul — it was a challenge to make this with a donor bike like the Continental 650. He asked me to paint it black but I refused and tell him that I will make a red bike.” –Pepo
Yes, we can’t remember seeing a black bike come out of the XTR Pepo workshop, and red works better for the theme of the machine.
“My mate, who likes very much all the ‘diabolic’ and dark side of the life, gave me the name Lilith for the bike. Also he is a tattoo artist and the skull you see is one of his design that is tattooed in his body!”
In Judaic mythology, Lilith was the “primordial she-demon” and first wife of Adam: “a hot fiery female who first cohabited with man.” She’s become a captivating figure in popular culture, with Lilith-inspired characters appearing in everything from The Chronicles of Narnia (the White Witch is a descendant of Lilith) to The Fifth Element (Leeloo) to the work of Nobel Prize-winning novelist José Saramago.
For this build, one of the main challenges was the seat:
“He asked me to maintain a two-place seat (for his girlfriend)… but this is not compatible with a race bike! So, thinking about it, I remembered the seat of the old Morini 350 Sport, which had two seats but looked like a solo seat cowl.”
Pepo says he actually measured the owner’s girlfriend’s “seat” and made the passenger pillion as small and narrow as possible, while fitting her perfectly.
“I love very much the result because is a solution for people that wants to share his racing bike without spoil a racer look.”
In addition to the XTR-designed solo/dual seat, “Lilith” is outfitted with XTR LED lights/fairings/windshield/fiberglass tank, YSS adjustable rear shocks, K Speed footpegs, CNC Riga chain tensioner and lightened upper yoke, Domino quick-turn throttle, and much more.
Artenruta handled the paintwork, and the photos are from Belen Piqueras.
Build Sheet: Lilith by XTR (2021)
- Donor Bike : Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 (2019)
- Modified subframe
- XTR Solo/Dual seat (XTR design)
- XTR upholstered
- XTR rear light
- XTR LED blinkers
- XTR license plate support
- YSS adjustable rear schocks
- Turbokit Megaphones
- Shortened exhaust lines
- CNC Riga aluminium cnc-machined chain tensioner
- K Speed footpegs and supports
- 17-inch aluminium rims
- Continental Road Attack tires 120/70 – 17 forward and 150 /60 -17 rear
- CNC Riga aluminium cnc machined pinion cover.
- Regina Gold chain
- DNA air filter
- Domino quick open gas throttle
- Domino right commando
- XTR cnc-machined bar ends
- XTR Clip-ons
- CNC Riago aluminium cnc-machined and lightened upper yoke
- RR oil temperature gauge
- XTR front fairing and windshield
- XTR front fairing bracket
- XTR new clutch cable
- GSXR clutch lever support
- XTR aluminium cnc machined adustable brake and clutch levers
- Brembo Gold front brake pump
- XTR endurance lights
- XTR aluminium endurance light brackets
- Highside mirrors
- Modified front fender and support
- XTR glass fiber fuel tank with fuel level stripe. Design and fabrication by XTR.
- ACC Endurance aluminium cnc machined endurance gas cap.
- Fulbat LiPo battery
- Artentura paint
- Photos by Belen Piqueras