Rates & Policies Online
Enter Zip Code
Is your bike costing too much to keep insured? Excessive premiums have long plagued motorcyclists in Berkeley and across the state, as if the insurance companies didn’t want us to ride. That’s why we partnered with a range of leading motorcycle insurers. You can now submit your zip code and see which companies insure bikes in your part of California, then compare premiums and coverage.
Types of Motorcycle Insurance Coverage
You’ll find many different kinds of protection from which you can choose.
- Liability Coverage: This protects you in case you’re at fault for damage to person or property in a collision or accident. It doesn’t cover your own medical bills or damages to your bike.
Collision Coverage: This type of coverage pays for the restoration or replacement of your bike in case of a collision, no matter who was at fault.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This protects you against damages to your motorcycle that are caused by perils not associated with an accident. Examples include:
- Natural Disaster
- Theft and Vandalism
- Fire and Flood Damage
This is also known as Other than Collision insurance.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This provides protection if the other motorist is doesn’t have insurance. Usually, you pay more to the insurance provider to add this in your policy.
For motorcycles that are financed or leased, a comprehensive policy is sometimes required. Talk with your finance company for details.
Motorcycle Insurance: Berkeley, CA Requirements
California has policies prescribing the amount of maximum liability you need to maintain.
- Bodily Injury Liability Limit for Individual Individual: $15,000
- Bodily Injury Liability Limit for All Persons: $30,000
- Property Damage Liability Limit: $5,000
Remember that standard motorcycle liability insurance coverage doesn’t give protection to the rider, the motorcycle, or any passengers – only your legal liability.
Motorcycle Insurance Quotes in Berkeley
Worried about how much motorcycle insurance will run you? That will be determined by a few key variables. Variables include the type of bike you ride, the amount of coverage you want, your driving history, and much more. Fortunately, we work with many of the top motorcycle insurance providers, who can provide you price quotes and coverage on the web. To get going, all you need to do is submit your zip code. Select which insurers you’re interested in, then answer a few questions to start comparing policies and premiums.
Motorcycle Insurance by Class
We can help you insure nearly any sort of motorbike, from sport bikes and tourers to V-twin cruisers and custom bikes.
- Sportbikes: As you may know, these can be breathtakingly costly to keep insured. Rates decrease considerably with age. Lots of sport riders fail to invest in anything more than liability coverage, so as to cut costs. This is a mistake, as even the most minor accident can cause thousands in damage to the fairings of these motorcycles.
- Customs and Cafe Racers: Berkeley has a flourishing custom bike scene. If your bike has significant upgrades, you should look into Custom Parts and Equipment (CPE) coverage. This type of coverage is commonly for choppers, bobbers, cafe racers, and show bikes. If you don’t have coverage, rare and expensive parts will not be included in case of an accident. No, you’ll be paid the value of your bike in stock trim.
- Scooters: Sometimes consumers don’t think to to insure their scooters. Ordinarily, this type of coverage is quite affordable, and worth the money.
- Dirt Bikes, ATVs, and Side-by-Sides: Yes, it’s a good idea to consider insuring your off-road machines. Fear not, coverage for off-road-only machines is generally easy on the budget.
Rates & Policies Online
Enter Zip Code