Rates & Policies Online
Enter Zip Code
High-priced insurance rates keeping you down? Motorcycle insurance rates are determined by the type, displacement, and age of the motorcycle, together with how much you ride, where you store the bike, not to mention your driving record.
Because rates can vary drastically between carriers, it’s best to research prices and policies.
Types of Coverage
You will find a range of assorted kinds of insurance coverage that insurance advisors tend to recommend.
- Liability Coverage: Liability is mandatory for California motorcyclists. It covers property damage and personal injury for which you’re at fault in an accident. It won’t protect you personally or your motorcycle.
Collision Coverage: This type of coverage pays for the repair or replacement of your bike in case there is an accident, regardless of who caused it.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This applies in situations where there isn’t any collision, including: criminal acts, arson, weather, etc. This is also known as Other Than Collision insurance.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This addition to your policy covers you if the other motorist is is uninsured. In most cases, you pay extra to the insurer to add this in your policy.
Remember, if you leased or financed your motorcycle, you may be required to purchase comprehensive motorcycle insurance.
Motorcycle Insurance Liability Limits
California has legislation mandating the sum of maximum liability coverage you will need to have.
- $15,000: bodily injury liability maximum for a single person hurt in a crash
- $30,000: bodily injury liability maximum for injuries to all people in a single accident
- $5,000: property-damage liability maximum for a single accident
Just remember that standard liability protection will not likely cover you, the the motorbike, or anyone riding two-up. It only covers your legal vulnerability for damage suffered by other motorists, bystanders.
Motorcycle Insurance Quotes in Escondido
Insurance rates will be determined by a range of variables. The majority of bikers focus on the make and model of thei bike and their driving history, but factors like location, types of coverage, liability limits, and discount rates are important. Thankfully, we can help you examine rates and policies from a wide array of trustworthy companies. To begin, all you need to do is enter your zip code. Find the insurance providers that appeal to you, and answer a few questions to start comparing coverage and quotes.
You can insure nearly any type of motorcycle, from supersports and tourers to cruisers and custom bikes.
- Supersports: To be sure, these are the most expensive motorcycles to keep insured. After all, they are involved in more accidents, and they are especially popular among young, often first-time motorcyclists. Your age and driving record will have a profound impact on the cost of sport bike insurance. If you are in your teens or twenties, the rates will be quite outrageous. As you age, your premiums decline tremendously. A lot of sportbike riders fail to buy collision or comprehensive coverage, just to get a better price. This is an oversight, as even the slightest accident can lead to thousands in damage to the bodywork of these machines.
- Customs and Cafe Racers: If you live in Escondido and your bike has extensive aftermarket parts or handmade modifications, you should look into Custom Parts and Equipment coverage (CPE). If you don’t have coverage, handmade or aftermarket parts aren’t going to be protected in the event of an accident. No, you will only be compensated for the value of your bike, not including customizations.
- Scooters: Don’t neglect to insure your scooter. Most of the time, such coverage is reasonably priced, and worth the cost in the event of a mishap.
- All-Terrain Vehicles and Dirt Bikes: Talk to the off-road parks and trail networks where you ride. Liability insurance might be necessary. Fortunately, this coverage is quite reasonable.
Rates & Policies Online
Enter Zip Code