Rates & Policies Online
Enter Zip Code
There are numerous nice rides within striking distance of Pleasanton. Sadly, coverage can be expensive, even if you have a clean driving record. Never ones to sit on our laurels, we joined forces with insurance providers that work with Pleasanton riders. Now you can compare policies and premiums online, regardless of the type of bike you own:
- Sport Bikes
- Dual Sports/Supermoto
- Cafe Racers and Customs
- Scooters and Mopeds
- Vintage and Classic Bikes
- Even Off-Road Bikes and 4-Wheelers
Just type in your zip code to find out which companies cover motorcyclists in Pleasanton.
Motorcycle Insurance Laws and Requirements
The state of California has imposed minimum liability limits for motorcycle owners. Liability coverage indemnifies you for sums you could be required by law to pay a third party as damages for bodily injury or damage to property. Your liability insurance will need to meet or exceed specific minimum thresholds for bodily injuries to others and damage to third party property.
- $15,000: Liability Coverage for Personal Injury of a Single Individual in an Accident
- $30,000: Liability Coverage for Personal Injuries of All Individuals in an Accident
- $5,000: Liability Coverage for Damage to Property
How much coverage should you carry? That depends. On the one hand, less coverage equals less expensive motorcycle insurance. But less coverage will equate to higher risk that your insurance payout will not cover your total healthcare fees if you injure or get injured by another driver. Bear in mind that the cost of medical care and personal property often increasesmore quickly than legislation is changed.
How to Keep Your Premiums Affordable
Motorcycle insurance can be very expensive, particularly for young males.
The following guidelines will help.
The specific bike you ride is a significant factor. Superbikes, also known as liter-class sport bikes, are some of the most expensive bikes to insure, second only to high-dollar Italian and German brands from the likes of MV Augusta, BMW, etc. Even if you are an experienced rider, you may want to consider signing up for a safety course through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. These commonly net you a a discount of up to 20%. If the motorcycle stays garaged when the cold weather takes hold, look at a lay up policy. This way, you only pay full price during the warm months.
As a final point, keeping your driving record free from tickets is very important.
Pleasanton Motorcycle Insurance Rates
Without allowing for a number of factors, it’s tricky to estimate what it will cost to insure a bike. Variables include the type of bike being covered, the degree of coverage you want, your driving record, and more. Thankfully, we work with almost all of the most popular insurers that cover bikes in Pleasanton. They can provide you rates and quotes online. To get going, enter your zip code. Then you can begin researching rates and policies from the insurance companies you select.
You can insure most any bike under the rainbow.
- Sport Bikes: As you may know, these can cost a king’s ransom when it comes to insurance. When compared to other bikes, sport bikes are incredibly powerful and accident-prone. If you’re in your teens or twenties, the rates will be quite high. As you get older, your premiums will lower drastically. Many sport riders neglect to buy more than the mandatory liability coverage, to help get a better price. This could be an oversight, as even the smallest mishap can cause thousands of dollars in damage to the bodywork of these motorcycles.
- Choppers, Bobbers, and Customs: Is your bike highly modified? If so, you should look at insuring your investment. Without this coverage, rare and expensive parts aren’t included in the event of an accident. Rather, you will only be paid out what your bike is worth, not including modifications.
- Scooters: Make sure you insure your scooter. Often, insuring a scooter is easy on the budget, and worth it in the event of a collision.
- All-Terrain Vehicles and Dirt Bikes: Yes, you can and should consider insuring your dirt bikes and ATVs. Typically, these policies are more affordable than for street bikes.
Rates & Policies Online
Enter Zip Code