Rates & Policies Online
Enter Zip Code
Wanting to reduce your monthly premiums? Or maybe you just purchased a new bike? We’ve brought together major carriers that meet the needs of riders in Santa Cruz. Compare policies, prices, and secure coverage that won’t cost a fortune.
Types of Coverage for Santa Cruz Motorcyclists
You’ll find several different sorts of policies that insurance professionals tend to recommend.
- Liability Coverage: This is mandatory under California law. It helps protect you in case you’re at fault for bodily injury or property damage in a collision or accident. Liability doesn’t cover your own bike or medical bills if you’re hurt.
Collision Coverage: This pays to repair or replace your bike in the event of a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This compensates you for damage to your bike caused by anything aside from a collision. This can be as a consequence of:
- Storm, Wind, and Weather
Simply speaking, comprehensive covers most sorts of damage that aren’t the consequence of an accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This is a protection that covers property and bodily damage caused by a driver with no insurance, or an inadequate amount. Given how many California motorists these days don’t have insurance, this is a worthwhile investment.
Remember that if your motorcycle is financed, you’ll be expected to purchase comprehensive motorcycle insurance.
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Guidelines
Liability insurance guards you economically if you are found at fault for personal injuries or destruction in an accident. Although you may not think a motorcycle or scooter can cause much injury, you might be surprised.
- $15,000: bodily injury liability maximum for an individual hurt in a vehicle accident
- $30,000: bodily injury liability maximum for personal injuries to all parties in a single accident
- $5,000: property-damage liability maximum for one accident
Remember that basic motorcycle liability coverage won’t give protection to you, the the motorbike, or a two-up rider – only your legal vulnerability for damage to other individuals.
Santa Cruz Motorcycle Insurance Rates
Rates vary broadly based on a number of factors. As an example:
- Type of Bike.
- Age and Driving Record.
- Coverage Options.
- Coverage Caps.
Fortunately, we work with most of the best companies that insure motorcycles in Santa Cruz, who can provide you rates and quotes on the web.
Enter your zip code, and you’ll see a list of insurance carriers preferred by Santa Cruz riders. Then you can begin researching rates and policies from the insurers you choose.
Scooter Insurance Coverage
Scooter insurance is smart, regardless of whether it’s required or not. Typically, the premiums are very affordable, and those few extra bucks could save you a ton in the event of an accident. Liability coverage is often sufficient.
ATV, UTV, Dirt Bike Insurance coverage
If you ride in the dirt, you should consider getting insurance for your dirt bike or all-terrain vehicle. The fact is, quite a few riding areas require that you carry liability coverage, just in case you hurt another rider or their property. It is important to call your local riding areas to determine if you need to have coverage.
Santa Cruz Custom Motorcycle Insurance
If you ride in Santa Cruz and you’ve done significant custom work on your bike, you should look at coverage to protect your investment, generally known as Custom Parts and Equipment coverage. This can be purchased for certain types of bikes:
- Cafe Racers
Without such coverage, the replacement of non-factory parts aren’t going to be covered in the event of an accident. Nope, you will only be paid out on the value of the bike in stock trim.
Rates & Policies Online
Enter Zip Code