“I can’t stop seeing metal where there is plastic!”
For so many builders, the love of two wheels begins with bicycles — whether they be BMX, MTB, DH, fixed-gear, or road bikes. At some point, the desire for “something more” strikes them, and they begin envisioning a motor in the naked cradle of that bicycle frame.
So it was for Nicolas Lino Perez of Argentina’s Lino Motos Custom, who spent years riding BMX before buying and customizing his first motorcycle. Now he builds “unique motos on request,” with a growing stable of urban enduros and tracker-influenced builds. As he says:
“It seems that I can’t stop seeing metal where there is plastic!”
Hurray for that, Nicolas! Below, we get the full story on this Yamaha FZ16 tracker.
Yamaha FZ16 Tracker: Builder Interview
• Please tell us a bit about yourself, your history with motorcycles, and your workshop.
My name is Nicolas Lino Perez. I’m from Argentina and I run Lino Motos Custom. My history with motorcycles begins after years of BMX riding and needing something more. That “something more” was a motor and the need to create things unique. That was the moment when I decided to buy my first motorcycle and start customizing. It seems that I can’t stop seeing metal where there is plastic!
• What’s the make, model, and year of the bike?
Yamaha FZ16, 2017.
• Why was this bike built?
• What was the design concept and what influenced the build?
An urban bike with a Street Tracker touch influenced by the Yamaha racing graphics.
• What custom work was done to the bike?
The bike was entirely customized, it has a new frame geometry, fuel tank adapted, custom paint, new tires, LED turning lights front and rear, custom seat, revision of electric system and battery, gold chain and lot of accessories.
• How would you classify this bike?
• Was there anything done during this build that you are particularly proud of?
Follow the Builder
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LinoMotosCustom/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/linomotoscustom/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSrl0wDl01DcdQbmf-VT4oA