Pepo Rosell, the master “bike constructor” behind XTR Pepo, is one of our favorite builders. He is a man who builds machines that consistently defy classification and convention, and this ’94 Ducati Monster 750 is another example. Called “Bandu,” the bike has been transformed from a staid standard into a humpbacked, high-powered street demon. Says Pepe of the name:
“The owner is from Galicia, a region in the northwest of Spain that has a Celtic culture. Bandu is the name of a Galician Celtic god of war!”
We cannot fathom a better name for this build!
The transformation is certainly more than aesthetic. Pepo replaced the original motor with a tuned, high-compression Ducati 900SS engine. A 900SS also supplied the Showa adjustable forks, while the tank is from a Ducati 750, modified for use with Keihin FCR 41 carbs. Paint is by inimitable pros at Artenruta of Madrid.
The frame and swingarm have been extensively modified, and the seat is from a Bultaco Metralla–once the fastest two-stroke production bike in the world. The high seat and forward rake give this bike some of the speediest lines we have ever seen. Few other bikes looks so damn fast on the stand.
Highsider mirrors and XTR clipons keep the cockpit tight, while an uber-trick Aviacompositi dashboard lights up the revs. Meanwhile, a Mash headlight lends some old-school flair, and a quick-turn throttle keeps the 90° V-twin in the juice.
The race-inspired goodies are go on. The bike sports an Ohlins rear shock, robust Brembo brake setup, Valter Moto rear sets, and a Tamburini race oil radiator. The exhaust is a SuperMario 2-into-1 unit, with an XTR megaphone by SPARK. The result is a machine that looks like a modern GP racer flayed to the bone, displaying the high-tech guts that keep the bike singing around the black tarmac of world circuits.
“BANDU” by XTR Pepo: Full Specs
- Donor bike : Ducati Monster 750’94
- Ducati 900 SS regulable fork showa
- Roadracing front mudguard
- Frentubo brake lines
- Brembo PR19 radial brake pump
- PT 13 radial clutch pump
- Mash front light
- XTR light bracket
- Aviacompositi dashboard
- Highsider mirrors
- Brembo cast iron floating rotors
- XTR clip ons
- LIPO battery
- Ducati 900 SS tuned engine: ported heads , more compression ratio, EVR antihooping clutch, lightened flywheel.
- Keihin FCR 41 carburetors
- DNA airpods
- Quick open gas throttle
- Tamburini race oil radiator
- SuperMario two in one exhaust system
- XTR megaphone by SPARK
- Modified frame
- Modified swingarm
- Valtermoto CNC-machined footrest
- Ohlins rear schock
- NG rear brake disc
- Repositioned electrical wiring
- XTR led blinkers
- Montesa rear light
- XTR licence plate bracket
- Ducati 749 modified fuel tank more high ,more capacity, modified for caburation use.
- Laverda gas cap
- XTR Metralla solo seat upholstered.
- Artenruta painting
- Pictures: Sergio Cardeña.
Follow the Builder
XTR Pepo Custom Bikes
- Ducati Scrambler (BikeBound)
- Yamaha SR250 (BikeBound)
- Ducati Pantah 600 TL (Silodrome)
- Ducati 750SS (Silodrome)
- Ducati 48 TS (Silodrome)
- (Asphalt and Rubber)
- Suzuki Bandit 600 (The Bike Shed)
- Triumph Speed Triple (GearHeads.org)