Ducati “749SS” by Jerem Motorcycles…
Introduced in 2003, the Ducati 749 was the middleweight SuperSport version of the Ducati 999 superbike — one of the most polarizing and controversial designs of the modern era. Though many Ducatisti disfavored the aesthetics of these Pierre Terblanche bikes, few could deny their performance prowess.
A limited number of race homologation specials were built to compete with the 600cc SuperSports from Japan — bikes like the Honda CBR600RR, Kawasaki ZX-6, Suzuki GSX-R600, and Yamaha R6:
“The leading race model, the Ducati 749R was produced for one reason only and that was to compete in SuperSport World Championship Racing with the sole intention of competing (and to annihilate) in a class against the big Inline-4’s from Japan.” –Timeless 2 Wheels
While the 749 failed to win any WorldSSP Championships, many riders came to prefer the 749 over the more powerful 999:
“The 749 has a kind of balance, an addictive precision in its steering, acceleration and braking that makes it a machine that surprises riders with its understated ability.” –MCN
Jérémie Duchampt of France’s Jerem Motorcycles has already developed a couple of the most popular Ducati customs we’ve ever featured. With this Ducati “749SS” (Super Sport), Jérémie wanted to give the bike a similar makeover to the Ducati 848 café racer he built last year, recalling the iconic Ducati Super Sports of the 1970s. As he said then:
“I wanted to give a nod to the grandmother Ducati 750 SS and 900 SS from 1975.”
The angular, almost origami-like lines of the stock 749 are long gone, replaced with custom bodywork developed along more classic lines.
As with all of Jérémie’s builds, the modifications are extensive. Highlights include a chromed frame, reconditioned suspension, bespoke bodywork, LED lighting, Ducati Panigale paint, and a set of Ducati Sport Classic spoked wheels.
Ducati 749SS Super Sport: Build Sheet
- Original fork redone
- Front and rear spoked rim Ducati sport classic
- Machining of parts for adaptation of rims
- New needle steering bearings
- New Brembo rear disc and pad
- Öhlins reconditioned shock absorber
- Rear controls poly chrome foot peg plates
- Exact Custom Brake Hoses
- CNC aluminum rear plate support
- Clip-on handlebars
- Chrome frame and removal of all original tabs
- Custom rear loop and tail section
- Oval LED headlight + modified screen
- LED taillight
- Front LED turn signals + central flashing modification
- LED rear indicators
- LED license plate lighting
- Avia Compositi carbon counter
- The fuses have been moved for better access
- Engine cleaned and repainted.
- High performance hoses
- Replacement of the different fluids
- Tailor-made rear cover with integrated rear lights
- Custom leather saddle (Yaya Brush Saddlery)
- Ducati Panigale Red Paint
- Chrome frame and lots of poly chrome parts
- Tailor-made engine guard
- Custom screen completely modified with an oval headlight.
- Tailor-made modified front windshield and recut windscreen to give a more flattened effect
- Vintage CNC mirrors
- Ducati red tank, screen, and rear cover
- High temperature black brake calipers
- Chrome epoxy frame
- Engine, swingarm etc.
- Upper crown, lower crown, fork legs in black epoxy
Follow the Builder
More from Jerem Motorcycles